Email is one of the most widely used medium of communication. However, it is also used to deliver malware and other malicious threats.
Virus authors always look for new methods to automatically execute their viral codes using the vulnerabilities of popular email clients. Worms also use their own SMTP engine routine to spread their infection.
i. Configuring Trusted Email Applications
To configure Trusted Email Applications, follow these steps:
- Open Quick Heal AntiVirus Pro.
- On the left pane, navigate to Protection > Email Protection > Trusted Email Applications.
- On the Email Protection screen, turn Trusted Email Applications on.
- To add a new email client, click the > icon under Trusted Email Applications.
The Trusted Email Clients Protection details screen appears.
- Click Add, browse and select a trusted email client.
The client is added to the list.
- To save your settings, click Save.