With online banking, you can check your accounts, pay bills, buy and sell shares, and transfer money between different accounts. For doing these activities, you visit a banking website, enter your identity credentials, and carry out the required transactions.
While visiting a banking website, you can become a prey to a fake banking website or when you type your credentials, the information can be phished to a fraudster. As a result, you may lose your money.
Safe Banking shields you from all possible situations where your identity or credentials can be compromised. Safe Banking launches your entire banking session in a secure environment that protects your vital data.
Safe Banking has the following features:
- Browser is launched in an isolated environment to prevent zero-day malware from infecting the computer.
- Your banking activity is isolated from the Internet threats.
- All types of keystroke recording tools are blocked to safeguard against key logging of confidential data.
- Employs secure DNS to prevent hacking attacks.
- Ensures that you visit only verified and secured websites.
To work in the Safe Banking environment, follow these steps:
- Setting Safe Banking
- Launching Safe Banking
Setting Safe Banking
You can use the Safe Banking feature with the default settings. You may also configure the Safe Banking feature for enhanced security according to your requirement.
- Open Quick Heal Total Shield.
- On the left pane, click Protection and then click Safe Banking.
- On Safe Banking, click the Settings icon. Select the following options as required:
- Protect against DNS based attacks: Select this option to protect your system from visiting fraudulent websites. You may select a DNS network from the given DNS list or provide an alternate ID. The network connection will be established through the configured network only.
- Clipboard Sharing: Select this option to allow clipboard sharing. You may allow sharing either or both from default desktop to isolated safe banking environment or other way round.
- Keyboard Shortcut Preference: Select this option to create a shortcut key to switch from Safe Banking desktop to Windows desktop. Safe Banking is launched in an isolated environment and hence you cannot access any system or folder from this window. Creating a shortcut key helps you to switch between Safe Banking and Windows desktop.
- To save your settings, click Save Changes.
Launching Safe Banking
You can access Safe Banking feature separately. When you install Quick Heal antivirus on your desktop, Safe Banking is also installed. A shortcut icon to Safe Banking is created on the desktop.
To launch a website in the Safe Banking shield, follow these steps:
- Click the shortcut icon to Safe Banking. Or right-click the Quick Heal icon in the system tray and click Safe Banking.
Safe Banking is launched. You can browse the websites that you want using the supported browsers available on the task bar.
You can also bookmark a website so that you can browse such a website easily in future.
- Click Add Bookmark and type the URL of the website on the Add Bookmark dialog. Click Add.
You may also add a website to a category so that it is easy to search your preferred website later.
- Click View Bookmark and click the URL that you want to run in the secure browser.
- This feature is supported on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge browsers only.