This feature is used for deleting unwanted files or folders completely from the system. In case you want to delete any confidential data, Secure Delete helps you delete the data making it absolutely impossible to recover by any means.
The Secure Delete feature of Quick Heal deletes the file or folders directly from the hard drive making it unrecoverable even if a Recovery Software is used.
i. Deletion Methods
The following are the three file deletion methods available in Quick Heal.
|One Pass Random – Quick Data Destruction||One Pass Random deletion method uses random letters to overwrite the data. This method of deletion is quick and quite secure. Data once deleted cannot be recovered. This is the best option for most users. This is also the default file deletion method.|
|Two Pass – More Secure Destruction||Two Pass deletion method uses twice the number of random letters to overwrite the data. This method of deletion provides additional layer of security. Data once deleted cannot be recovered by any recovery software.|
|DoD – Standard Data Destruction||DoD deletion method uses the encryption method of using random letters to overwrite data as per the Department of Defense Memo. Data once deleted cannot be recovered by any recovery software.|
ii. Using Secure Delete
To delete files or folders using Secure Delete, follow these steps:
- Open Quick Heal Total Security.
- Navigate to Privacy > Advanced Privacy.
- Click Secure Delete.
Select Secure Delete option from the following:
- One Pass Random – Quick Data Destruction
- Two Pass – More Secure Destruction
- DoD – Standard Data Destruction
- Click the Add File/Folder button to locate the file/Folder you want to delete.
- Select Enable ‘Secure Delete’ option on right click for files and folders button to locate the folder and its sub-folders to facilitate deleting any data by just right-clicking Secure Delete.
- Click Delete. A dialog box appears with the message that the deletion is unrecoverable.
- Click Yes to proceed with the deletion process.
The Select Secure Delete Method window appears.
The selected files are deleted and a Deletion Summary screen appears.