This feature removes traces from the Internet history and MRU (Most Recently Used) list of various applications. It safely deletes history, cleans the cookies, cache, auto-complete forms and passwords. Traces such as auto complete entries and saved passwords need to be deleted to ensure that user privacy is not breached. It also erases the traces from popular application programs such as Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Media Player, WinZip, WinRAR and traces such as Browser Cookies, and Saved Passwords.
Performing Traces Cleanup
To execute Traces Cleanup, follow these steps:
- Select Tuneup > Traces Cleanup.
- Click Settings if you want to Customize Traces Cleanup as mentioned in the previous section.
- Click Start.
A list with applications containing traces appears.
- You may click Stop to halt the entries being added to the list.
Each application containing traces will be preceded by a check box. All applications containing traces are selected by default.
- Clear the applications that need to be skipped by Traces Cleanup.
- There are two other fields that display the following information:
- Total Items Found: The total number of applications containing traces found by Traces Cleanup.
- Items Selected: The total number of application containing traces selected for removal.
- Click Clean Items to remove traces from the applications listed.
- Click Close to exit Traces Cleanup.