This feature helps you schedule the Tuneup activity periodically as per your requirements. You can configure the Tuneup schedule to perform Disc Cleanup, Registry Cleanup, Traces Cleanup, and Defragmenter. You can create a task and schedule it. The task is performed in the background at the time you specify when you created the task. You can see the details of the tasks performed in the Scheduler Reports.
You can customize Scheduler to perform at your convenient time. However, Defragmenter can be scheduled only at next boot. To customize Scheduler, follow these steps:
- Select Tuneup > Scheduler.
A list of tasks is displayed along with details such as Task Name, Frequency, Activity, Backup, and Delete oldest backup.
- There are three options that you can select while you schedule tuneup activity:
- New – to configure any new task
- Edit – to edit any existing task
- Remove – to remove the already scheduled task
- To schedule a new tuneup activity, click New.
The Configure Tuneup Schedule screen appears.
- Enter Task Name, Frequency, and Start At details.
Each Tuneup activity in the screen is preceded by a check box. All items are selected in the list by default.
- Clear the items that need to be skipped by Scheduler feature.
- Take backup before cleaning is selected by default. If this option is not selected, cleaning will be done without taking the backup. We recommend that you keep it selected. Delete oldest backup if maximum backup limit exceeds will delete the oldest backup when the limit of backup is surpassed.
- Enter User Name and Password.
- Click Apply to save the new settings or else click Close to exit without saving the settings.
In case you keep Delete oldest backup if maximum backup limit exceeds not selected, Scheduler will not perform when the backup limit is surpassed.