This feature removes invalid and obsolete registry entries from the system that appear due to improper un-install or non-existent fonts. Sometimes during uninstallation, the registry entries are not deleted. This results in slower performance of the system. This feature removes such invalid registry entries to boost the performance of system.
Performing Registry Cleanup
To execute Registry Cleanup, follow these steps:
- Select Tuneup > Registry Cleanup.
- Click Settings if you want to Customize Registry Cleanup as mentioned in the previous section.
- Click Start.
A list with registry entries and their path appears.
- You may click Stop to halt the entries being added to the list.
Each registry entry will be preceded by a check box. All registry entries are selected by default.
- Clear the registry entries that need to be skipped by Registry Cleanup.
- There are two other fields that display the following information:
- Items Found: The total number of registry entries found by Registry Cleanup.
- Items Selected: The total number of registry entries selected for removal.
- Click Remove Entries to remove the files.
- Click Close to exit Registry Cleanup.