Auto Tuneup performs Disk Cleanup, Registry Cleanup, Traces Cleanup, and Defragmenter. It is ideal for novice users, and for users who do not want to waste time by performing individual Cleanup activity. Only the items deleted by Disk Cleanup and Registry Cleanup can be recovered.
Customizing Auto Tuneup
Before executing, you should customize Auto Tuneup to perform as per your requirements. To customize Auto Tuneup, follow these steps:
- Select Tuneup > Settings.
The Tuneup Settings screen appears. This screen has three tabs: Disk Settings, Registry Settings, and Traces Settings. Each tab has a list of items preceded by a check box. All the items are selected in each of the tabs by default.
- Clear the items that need to be skipped by Auto Tuneup. For a novice user, we recommend to keep all the items selected.
Take backup before deleting is selected by default. If this option is not selected, Auto Tuneup will delete all the items without taking the backup. We recommend that you keep it selected.
- Click Apply to save the new settings.
- Click Close to exit without saving the settings.
Performing Auto Tuneup
To execute Auto Tuneup, follow these steps:
- Select Tuneup > Auto Tuneup.
- Click Settings if you want to customize Auto Tuneup as mentioned in the previous section.
- Click Start to begin Auto Tuneup.
- Click Stop if you want to halt the Auto Tuneup; else click Close after completion of Auto Tuneup.