With this feature, you can scan the USB-based drives as soon as they are plugged in to your computer.
i. Configuring Scan External Drives
To configure Scan External Drives, follow these steps:
- Open Quick Heal Internet Security.
- On the left pane, navigate to Protection > External Drive Protection > Scan External Drives and then click External Drive Protection.
- Toggle the button to turn it on.
- Click the > icon to configure further:
- Quick Scan: Select this option if you want to scan the files on the root of the drive only. The files within the folders on the root drive are skipped. This scan takes little time but is less safe. By default, this option is selected.
- Full Scan: Select this option if you want to scan all the files on the USB-based drive. This scan takes time but is safer.
- Click Save to save your settings.
Tip: Scan External Drives does not work if Secure External Drive Data is turned on, and its option Block complete access to external drives is selected.