With Data Theft Protection, you can block transfer of the data between the system and USB drives and CD/DVD devices. Data Theft Protection ensures no files or data can be copied from your system to any external drives or devices. Similarly no files or data can be transferred from the USB drives and CD/DVD devices to your system. Hence neither your information can be theft nor can any harmful files be implanted in your system.
This feature allows you to block transfer of the data between the system and external devices such as USB drives and CD/DVD devices. Data Theft Protection ensures no files or data can be copied from your system to any external devices or vice versa. It ensures data security and also eliminates the possibility of transfer of any harmful files.
Configuring Data Theft Protection
To configure Data Theft Protection, follow these steps:
- Open Quick Heal Total Security.
- On the left pane, click Privacy and then click Data Theft Protection.
- Turn Data Theft Protection on.
Data Theft Protection is activated.
- Click Data Theft Protection and do any of the following options:
- Read only and no write access to external drives: Allows transfer of data from the USB drives and CD/DVD devices to the system but not vice versa. By default, this option is selected.
- Block complete access to external drives: Blocks transfer of data between the system and all external devices.
- Authorize USB drive and Mobile devices: Select this option if you want to allow access only to the authorized USB drives and mobile devices. If this option is selected, and you connect a USB drive or a mobile device to your system, you are prompted for password to access them. Hence access is granted only to the authorized devices.
This option will work only if Data Theft Protection and Password Protection are turned on.
- Block Mobile devices: Blocks complete access to mobile devices.
- To save your settings, click Save Changes.