Data breach means unethical access to the data of individuals and organizations that are supposed to be secured from unauthorized people. Hackers hack into the organizations’ data system and disclose or steal personal information of the people who register or sign up with such organizations.
You must keep a watch whether your data is ever breached or leaked.
Configuring Data Breach Alert
To configure Data Breach Alert, follow these steps.
- Open Quick Heal Mobile Security.
- On Dashboard, tap Data Breach Alert.
- Tap Get Started.
- Select an email for which you want to detect if your personal information has ever been leaked. You can even type a new email address.
- Tap Check for Data Breaches.
- Sometimes, it may take time to fetch the report on data breach depending on the volume of data.
- Some recommendations about how to secure your data are also mentioned.
- If you want to check data breaches with another email, swipe on the email address to the left. The options Stop Monitoring and Change Email appear. Tap the Change Email option and then select or type another email address
Learn how to secure your data
If your data is leaked, do not panic. Securing your personal information is in your own hands. Take the following steps to make your personal information more secure.
Set a strong password with the affected websites or services. If the same password was used in other places, change it immediately. Never re-use old passwords.
Enable 2-factor authentication if available on those websites or services.
Note: Intruder is a premium feature and is available in Quick Heal Total Security.