Viruses from various sources such as email attachments, Internet downloads, file transfer, and file execution try to infiltrate your system. This feature helps you to continuously keep monitoring your system for viruses. Importantly, this feature does not re-scan the files that have not changed since the previous scan, thereby lowering resource usage.
It is recommended that you always keep Virus Protection turned on to keep your system clean and secure from any potential threats. By default, Virus Protection is turned on.
Configuring Virus Protection
To configure Virus Protection, follow these steps:
- Open Quick Heal AntiVirus Pro.
- On the left pane, click Protection and then click Virus Protection. Turn Virus Protection on.
- To configure, click the settings icon for Virus Protection.
The Virus Protection details screen appears.
- Set the following options as per requirement:
- Display alert message – Select this option if you want to get the alerts on various events. For example, when malware is detected. This option is selected by default.
- Select action to be performed when virus is found – Select an appropriate action to be taken when a virus is detected during the scan.
- Backup before taking action – Select this option if you want to take a backup of a file before taking an action. Files that are stored in the backup can be restored from Quarantine.
- Enable sound when threat is detected – Select this option if you want to be alerted with sound whenever a virus is detected.
- To save your setting, click Save Changes.
Action to be taken when a virus is detected
The following table describes various actions and their description.
|Repair||If a virus is detected during a scan, the file is cleaned and repaired. If the file cannot be repaired, it is quarantined automatically.|
|Delete||Deletes a virus-infected file without notifying you.|
|Deny Access||Restricts access to a virus infected file from use.|
Turning off Virus Protection
It is recommended that you always keep Virus Protection turned on to keep your system clean and secure from any potential threats. You can turn Virus Protection off when required. While you turn Virus Protection off, you have a number of options to turn off the feature temporarily, so that it turns on automatically after the select time interval passes.
To turn off Virus Protection, follow these steps.
- Open **Quick Heal Total AntiVirus Pro**.
- On the left pane, click **Protection** and then click **Virus Protection**. Turn **Virus Protection** off.
- To turn off Virus Protection, select one of the following options:
- Turn on after 15 minutes
- Turn on after 30 minutes
- Turn on after 1 hour
- Turn on after next reboot
- Permanently disable
- To save your settings, click OK.
After you turn Virus Protection off, the icon color of the Scan Options option on Status changes from green to red and a message "System is not secure" is displayed.