You can access Quick Heal Total Security from the desktop in any of the following ways:
- Click the Quick Heal icon in the menu bar and then select Open Quick Heal Total Security.
- Click the Quick Heal Total Security icon in Dock, if you have added Quick Heal Total Security to the Dock tray.
- In the Doc tray, click Finder and then select Applications under FAVORITES. Click Quick Heal Total Security in the Applications pane to open the application.
Quick Heal Total Security Dashboard
When you open Quick Heal Total Security, Dashboard appears. The Quick Heal Total Security Dashboard is the main area from where you can access all the features. Dashboard is divided into various sections: Quick Heal Total Security menu, system security notification area, Quick Heal Total Security features, news and scan your machine option.
System security notification area indicates whether your system is secured and whether you need to take any action with the help of message and protection icon, while news area displays news about new events such as security alerts, some special release of Quick Heal and so on.
System security notification area provides indication of the security status of Quick Heal Total Security with the help of colored icons. The colored icons and their specific meaning are described as follows:
|Indicates that Quick Heal Total Security is configured with optimal settings and your system is protected.
|Indicates that a feature of Quick Heal Total Security needs
|Indicates that Quick Heal Total Security is not configured with optimal settings and your immediate attention is needed. The action corresponding to the message needs to be executed immediately to keep your system protected.
System security notification area is your instant interface to vital protection settings that can affect files, folders, emails, and so on. It also allows users to configure protection against viruses that try to gain entry through Internet, external drives and emails. Quick Heal Protection Center is split into two sections.
! Each colored icon has an action associated with it which needs to be executed by the user.
Quick Heal Total Security Features
Quick Heal Total Security ensures complete protection against any possible threats or malware that may infect your system through various means. Quick Heal Total Security shields your system in the following ways:
|Helps you configure scan preferences, virus protection, schedule scan, exclude files and folders from scanning, and set rule for quarantine and files backup.
|Helps you protect your system against malicious threats when you are browsing the Internet, or when you transfer data across in the network, and parents can control their children’s’ Internet usage.
|Helps you protect your system against malicious threats and spams that try to sneak into your system through emails.
The following are frequently used features:
|Displays the latest information related to security from Quick Heal labs.
|Launches the scanner that scans the machine based on scanning preferences.
Quick Heal Total Security Menus
With the Quick Heal Total Security menus, you can configure the general settings for taking updates automatically, password protect your Quick Heal Total Security so that no unauthorized person can access the Quick Heal Total Security application, provide settings for proxy support and removing reports from the list automatically.
The Quick Heal Total Security menu includes the following:
|Helps you customize and configure the settings of Quick Heal Anti-Virus such as Automatic Update, Internet Settings, Password Protection, Reports Settings.
|Helps you view the activity reports of Scanner, Virus Protection, Email Protection, Quick Update, Anti-Phishing, Browsing Protection, Parental Control.
Quick Access Options
Quick access options are the options that you use to access Quick Heal Total Security, turn on or off Virus Protection, update the product, and scan the machine when required.
|Open Quick Heal Total Security
|Launches Quick Heal Total Security.
|Enable / Disable Virus Protection
|Helps you turn on or turn off Virus Protection.
|Helps you update Quick Heal Total Security.
|Scan My Mac
|Helps you scan your machine for viruses.
The News section displays the latest bytes of information and developments from the Quick Heal lab. Whenever there is something new about computer protection, security alert, or other important issues, news about such things are displayed here.
However to get the latest information, you must own licensed version of the product.
The Help topics assist you in understanding Quick Heal Total Security features, how to use them, and seek technical support when required.
To access the desktop integrated Help topics, follow these steps:
- Go to Quick Heal Total Security > Menu > Help > Quick Heal Total Security Help.
The Help topics appear.
- Search for the information that you want.
About Quick Heal Total Security
The About Quick Heal Total Security screen includes the information about the product, license, options for renewing license, updating the product, viewing details of the user license.
To access the About Quick Heal Total Security screen, follow these steps:
- Go to Quick Heal Total Security > Menu > Quick Heal Total Security > About Quick Heal Total Security Help.
The About screen appears.
The About screen includes the following information:
- Quick Heal Total Security product details: Product Name, Product Version, Service Pack, Virus Database Date.
- License Information: Customer Name, Registered for (individual or organization name), License validity date.
- View Details: Includes detailed information on product license, and two buttons— Update License to update your license, and Print License to take out the print of the license information.
- Print License Details: Click Print License Details to print the existing subscription information.
- Renew Now: Helps you renew your license online.
- Update Now: Helps you update your machine with the latest signature.
! The License Information and the End-User License Agreement (EULA) are available under this section.
Update License Details: Helps you to synchronize your existing license information with Quick Heal Activation Server. In case you want to renew your existing subscription and you do not know how to renew it or you face problem during renewal, you can call Quick Heal Support team and provide your Product Key and Renewal Code. Quick Heal Support team will renew your copy. You just need to follow these steps:
- Be connected to the Internet.
- Click Update License Details.
- Click Continue to update your existing subscription.
Updating with definition files
If you already have the update definition file with you, you can update Quick Heal Total Security without connecting to the Internet. It is specifically useful for Network environments with more than one machine. You are not required to download the update file from the Internet on all the machines within the network using Quick Heal.
- Go to Quick Heal Total Security > Menu > Quick Heal Total Security > Check for Updates.
- On the Welcome to Total Security Update screen, click Continue.
- The Select the mode you prefer for updating Total Security screen appears.
- Select Pick from specified location.
- Type the path or click the File button to the file location, and then click Continue.
Note: Quick Update picks up the definition file from the designated path, verifies its applicability on the installed version and updates your copy of Quick Heal Total Security accordingly.