To configure Scan External Drives, follow these steps:
- Open Quick Heal Total Security.
- On the left pane, click Protection and then click External Drive Protection.
- On the External Drive Protection screen, turn Scan External Drives on.
Scan External Drives is activated.
- For further settings, click Scan External Drives.
- Select one of the following options:
- Scan files on the root of the drive only: Select this option if you want to scan the files on the root of the drive only. The files within the folders on the root drive are skipped. This scan takes little time but is less safe. By default, this option is selected.
- Scan full drive: Select this option if you want to scan all the files on the USB-based drive. This scan takes time but is safer.
- Click Save Changes to save your settings.
Tip: Scan External Drives does not work if Data Theft Protection is turned on, and its option Block complete access to external drives is selected.